By submitting your booking, you and the party that you represent agree to all subjects in these Terms and Conditions.
A contract exists as soon as we issue our Booking Confirmation.
You should check the details of your confirmation carefully and promptly to ensure that it accurately reflects the booking you have requested. You should immediately inform The SUP Life of any discrepancies or alterations.
General Terms and Conditions:
Participants must acknowledge the inherent risks and act in their own best interests.
Minimum age to paddle their own equipment is 8 years old but only if a buoyancy aid is fitted safely and securely.
Any customer under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times when on the water and receiving tuition from The SUP Life. The parent or guardian needs to be aware and accept the risks involved in stand up paddle boarding and satisfy them accordingly.
All bookings are on the basis that the customer will, at all times, observe the safety regulations set by The SUP Life Instructors and wear a buoyancy aid when recommended.
When launching and landing only use designated areas shown by your instructor.
Loss or breakage of equipment during a session will be charged to the participant at full retail value unless due to fair wear and tear.
The SUP Life does not condone the consumption of drugs and alcohol and discourages the use of all equipment while under its influence. We reserve the right to refuse usage of any equipment if we feel the participant is under the influence of drugs and alcohol - the final decision is ours.
All information is produced in good faith and is accurate at the time of booking.
Full payment will be required at the time of booking.
Participants must be able to swim at least 25 metres and be confident in the water wearing a buoyancy aid.
All participants must advise on the booking form of any illness or medical conditions which could effect them during participation. Any participant suffering Asthma, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Giddy Spells, Angina or other Heart Conditions or Pregnancy should consult with their doctor before making a booking. If at all unsure, participants must check with a doctor before booking and must be able to produce a note from their doctor if required.
Participants must bring any necessary medication with them and ensure that staff are made aware of what medicine this is and how it is to be administered. Be advised that some of the activity locations are remote and self-contained.
The SUP Life reserves the right to refuse any booking on medical grounds if the medical condition is considered to be detrimental to the safety and smooth running of the course.
Photo & Video Usage:
The SUP Life frequently takes photos and videos of customers for marketing purposes. The SUP Life reserves the right for ourselves and our partners to use these photos in our marketing materials, including but not limited to: our website, social media channels, brochures, emails, and other marketing channels we deem appropriate and in any other promotional material. If customers do not wish to be photographed, please raise this with The SUP Life instructors at the start of your session.
The equipment and staff are insured against accident and third party liability, but personal insurance against injury, accident or loss whilst taking part in any activity is the responsibility of the client and The SUP Life accepts no responsibility for any such injuries, accident, damage or loss to a client. You are advised to take out your own insurance to cover this.
The SUP Life will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising from the sessions by them unless that death, personal injury or loss of, or damage to goods arises directly from an act of omission on the part of the company or its instructors.
Should damage or loss to vessels, persons or equipment be caused as a result of wilful damage or gross negligence by customers, a customer under the influence of alcohol or drugs or as a result of refusal or failure to obey instructions given by our activity companies staff, then he or she will be liable for the full amount of repair or replacement and any resulting costs. The SUP Life reserves the right to terminate the activity immediately.
The SUP Life does not have any responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to your personal belongings. You should be aware that any water proof containers or bags supplied cannot be 100% reliable – any personal property taken onto the water is at your own risk.
- All cancellations must be made by email or telephone.
- We will acknowledge a cancellation within 24 hours of receiving it.
- Until the customer has received confirmation from The SUP Life, the original booking remains valid.
Late arrivals and no shows constitute as a cancellation and will be treated as such. No refunds or re-bookings will be given.
No refund is offered if the client refuses to comply with The SUP Life policies and the Instructor determines the client cannot participate in the activity (e.g. client is under the influence of drugs or alcohol).
If the client advises the Instructor of a medical condition before the session commences, such that the Instructor decides that it would be unsafe for the client to participate in the activity, a full refund will be offered.
If the Instructor becomes aware of a client’s medical condition after the lesson has commenced, such that the Instructor determines it is unsafe for the client to continue in the activity, no refund will be offered.
Stand Up Paddle Fitness/Yoga/Pilates:
- Cancellations made with more than 24 hours notice can expect a full refund.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hours before a session will receive NO REFUND.
Stand Up Paddle Lessons, Adventures, and Clinics:
- Cancellations made with more than 7 days notice can expect a full refund.
- Cancellations made 3-7 days before a session will be given a 50% refund of the total fee.
- Cancellations made less than 48hrs before a session will receive NO REFUND.
SUP equipment hire:
- Cancellations made with more than 24 hours notice can expect a full refund.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hours before delivery will receive NO REFUND.
- In all circumstances, no refund will be made once equipment has been delivered
- A late return charge of £30/per additional hour over the agreed return time will apply for failing to return SUP Hire equipment on time.
- Failure to return the SUP Hire equipment will result in the customer being charged the full retail value of the equipment.
SUP demo sessions & taster days:
- Sessions are free to attend
- Prior booking available online and drop in on the day, subject to availability
- Please be prompt, if you are late to your session, your place may be given to someone else
- If you are unable to attend a prebooked session, please cancel your place, there is no charge and it may enable someone else to take part
Gift Vouchers: - Gift vouchers must be redeemed within 1 year of purchase unless other arrangements have been made. No refund is offered once the gift voucher has been purchased however the gift vouchers are transferable to other people.
- If, after your payment has been received, you wish to alter your activity in any way, we will do what we reasonably can to accommodate such changes, but it may not always be possible.
- Any request for changes must be in writing via email by the organiser in your party. You will be liable to pay any costs and expenses that we incur in making this alteration.
- If you or any member of your party is unable to proceed with the activity, you may transfer the booking to a substitute person, provided they satisfy all the conditions applicable to the original booking.
- The cancellation policy will apply to you or any members of your party if unable to transfer the booking.
- Customers wishing to add to a party after the initial booking will only be able to do so if sufficient places are available.
- Availability should not be assumed and you should contact us to check availability first.
Cancellations by The SUP Life:
Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that your lesson runs, The SUP Life may at times need to cancel, or alter the location and/ or itinerary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions beyond our control (including staff illness).
The SUP Life may also cancel, postpone or re-schedule an activity if there is not enough people booked on the session/ event to make it viable.
Every effort will be made to notify the customer of any cancellations or alterations 24hrs prior to the commencement of the booking, however The SUP Life reserves the right to make cancellations up until the commencer of the booking if weather conditions change on the day.
In the event of a cancellation by The SUP Life, customers will be offered the choice of the following options:
- Another booking on a different date
- Gift Voucher Valid for 1 year from session date
We reserve the right to make amendments to these Terms & Conditions without notice.